Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bay Area Slang Top 100 :)


Cool. So I’m showing this to my linguistic class. Ha. 
But where is Hella? Btw, I KINDA get that why there isn’t “hella” because It is more of a pop reference to South Park? The bay area flipped that word and pimped it, and it has become popular that now it is associated with mainly the Bay Area. Some people said the word was used in the 80s but I’m not sure if it was meant to be used the same we use today? It is for sure the popular NorCal slang word meaning “a lot” or “very” and it’s unpopular in SoCal. I still think anyone from other regions who use more of the hip hop words or phrases of the urban slangs would understand what it means, at least? They just don’t use the word as much as in the Bay Area. Many of the Bay Area slangs come from the Bay rappers. There are many types of slang.. Which one do you hear or use the most depends on where you live I guess. The country slangs…urban…and the common ones. I think anyone who completely don’t understand it are most likely the people who don’t normally even use any slangs that much (the rap word kind of slangs). Yadada..

No comments:

Post a Comment