Sunday, March 3, 2013

'the male privilege thing is that ‘I have a Boyfriend..'

I was thinking about "the male privilege thing is that ‘I have a Boyfriend,’ that’s the only thing to stop someone from hitting on you because they respect another male bodied person more than they respect your lack of interest/rejection." A guy came up to me outside of a nightclub and introduced himself, “HEY, I’m a Political Science major at SFSU!” Then I started laughing. When he started trying to ask for my number, I wasn’t really responding. I was kind of looking at my friend, and I didn’t know what to do or say… Then my friend started to say, “she’s seeing someone else.” Then he started to say, “..Oh.. I just want y’all to know that you two are beautiful, and whoever that guy she is seeing, is a lucky guy.”
"Y’all have a good night." …something like that to say goodbye.
I knew I wasn’t interested.. but I just couldn’t say “No.” You know? I knew If I did say no without a good reason he would walk away but I would feel so bad because we kind of, already introduced ourselves to each other?? But showing my lack of interest didn’t make him to stop asking if we could trade numbers. I feel like this person was a nice guy, and being a such a polite person as he was, I just couldn’t ignore him. At the same time, I didn’t want him to think that I’m interested to let him take me out on a date.
Sometimes I don’t mean to let the guys think that I am actually interested when I give my number. And they always think that I’m okay to hang out with them ALONE. But I’m always willing to get to know the person and be friends. 
There are so many guys out there that I wouldn’t even think a second if I should say yes or no. I mean only if you’re freaking old and dirty to be hitting on me, I’m definitely turing my face away first. If you don’t stop then it is a straight up, “I have a bfriend, so get away from me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment