Friday, February 15, 2013

short personal thought... on communication and writing

Don’t you want to write for people to understand easily?? I guess you can get poetic in writing at times to express a true emotion or anything of course. But I DON”T KNOW about writing to communicate a certain information when you want people to understand you correctly. Yes, the fact that poetry certainly has its importance as an art form, people create them for many reasons. I just thought some poetic writing isn’t as an effective form of communication.
I thought generally, the purpose of our communication should be clear. I mean, when you write a simple letter or personal statements as an applicant for example, you do not want to get poetic in your writing? Because it’s so tacky and unnecessary. This is just the thought that it would be harder for most readers to understand and get the information what you’re trying to say. Just the fact that not everyone’s a poetry reader, not everyone has time to seek out the meaning of it. So I think you can still get poetic in writing at times when it’s not in those circumstances, when you want your writing to get useful. To me, when I come across some poetic writing in a photo caption or some tittles, that is usually when I like to see people get creative. Perhaps instead of knowing the actual meaning that writer’s conveying, even just a couple sentences of a little poetic in it, I think I give those words the meaning myself… instead of seeking out meaning, the sound of words, the choice of the words by the writer or the sentence breaking down in line by line is enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment