Monday, April 29, 2013

Decision, School Update.

With the thought that I might be going to UCI, my dad says that the cons is that there are too many Asians =_=. Well that was one of the reasons why I would go there though. aha. Jk.
So I got accepted to UCI, UCR and SDSU, and i’m still waiting for UCD’s dec. (rejected by UCB, UCSB and CSULB)
But I was on a forum posting whether to choose SDSU or UCI because both schools have the major that I’m doing. I haven’t been to both schools so I honestly had no idea which one would best fit me. Anyone who would transfer/ has transfered to UCI or anyone who has been to the campus want to share their thoughts about going to their school and what you like about the school? how is the social life and student involvement at UCI?  
I honestly just hadn’t asked anyone what they think about the schools, and I really didn’t know anything about Irvine myself. I would be going to uci simply because it’s a UC but I felt like sdsu has more ? I honestly had no clue and I was afraid that I if I didn’t register for sdsu before it was too late 5/1 i would regret -__- 
Then I found out that how SDSU might be a bit too much for me, even though the name of the major at SDSU is really appealing to me.. though it does show me a much better/stronger program they have. But I’m sure there isn’t anything that I can’t do if i’m at Irvine. Also realize that UCI is a university of California, a well respected school .. its a UC. UCs rankings always fluctuate. Besides that they also give me much more Financial aid that covers up almost everything than at SDSU.
I don’t know why I was a bit worried about the reputation of  ”socially dead” at UCI. And whether the students are involved in school or not. Now that just seems too exaggerating to me.
I think most of the time, if I want to stay on top of my classes, I personally would like to stay at somewhere that’s less crazily crowded? UCI’s atmosphere seems very similar to UCD. I’m sure I’ll be happy with where I end up going and my decisions, UCD or UCI. Now that this makes me feel better at deciding to not SIR SDSU and spend that enrollment fee $400 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment