Thursday, January 31, 2013

shake paws

I thought I taught my seven years old dog how to shake hand this morning. Well, I have been trying a several times to make him understand the command. Again I grabbed a handful treats to make him sit as first, then I wanted to make him lift his paw so I raised the treat up high above his head after he sat down. Then I found out he started digging his hand for the treat in my hand. So I gave him a command in mandarin “shake,” and tapped his hand as a hint, see if he would lift it up again.  I made him practice a several times. Then I started saying the command in English, after awhile he would keep digging his paw the moment I said a word “shake” in English or Taiwanese Mandarin now hahaha.
This afternoon my brother came home and played with him alone found out that the dog is lifting his paw toward him when he talked to the dog. And he thought he has taught the dog how to finally shake hand? I don’t think the dog ever lifted up his hand before this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment