Thursday, December 20, 2012

Being a Dreamer

i swear i have this ability to study (memorizing things) while being asleep… because i get myself to dream about the material………… o_OOOOO… After dreaming about studying Econ…., last night, I dreamed about studying for another subject AGAIN.
On that particular night before my Econ final, I studied so much that Econ was even in my slumber. I swear. For econ, we had to memorize what to say on the essays so I was writing and reading the material for hours that night before i went to bed. I knew I really need to get through it even though it was so much!! writing and stressing out about econ until i was too overwhelmed and passed out. Then I was dreaming about writing all the information over and over again and some notes I wrote as well. I really didn’t know I was going to dream about it. I was shock when I woke up that morning. But can we really learn during sleep? Does that count studying because it was in my dream? Can we really study unconsciously? I heard if we want to learn during sleep, we could record our voice reading the material and listen to it when going to sleep but dream about it? haha. 
There were so much information I had to throw everything in my head, and I was struggling, but hoping to do better! I had to get my brain memorize all of it and be able to apply. That made my brain force me to continue process in my slumber!? I read something says about when we’re struggling with a task, it might be the trigger that makes the sleeping brain to focus on the subject and work on getting better.. I never know what i was going to dream, especially about studying the exact material I was studying when i was awake. it’s clear that everything I was working on was all in my subconscious mind when I was awake. And what we dream about are the ones that usually involves some emotional level, and the things that can be really important at some point. 
I still understand that dreams don’t necessarily make sense or be obvious to the awake mind in order that have a learning benefit. But I mean..When I woke up and think about things I saw in a dream…Like I was really dreaming about Econ, I could see the words I wrote in the dream. I was already done studying and sleeping. i’m not sure if that really helped me actually learn but it did make me remember something…?
yeah if you are a student and you want to do well on a test, you might need to dream about it? but the question is how do you know you are gonna dream about it. the answer is probably to get really really exhausted and study very very crazily hard, cramming, you know you really shouldn’t cram but you have no choice that you really need to get through this before sleep. funny i was just weird out by dreams and now i’m writing about it. But I dream every single day !!

No comments:

Post a Comment