Sunday, November 3, 2013

NorCal-Sick

First time ever I feel homesick for some places back in northern California. “dammn…. I never knew I can be ‘homesick’ for a city…” It is in this strangest moments that hits me. I just saw a picture of the San Francisco Bay area, and it looks so beautiful and reminds me of so many things… makes me long to be there. 
It is different here. I insanely miss the vibe, the smell..,the breeze.. the people, the music and the clubs, and the weather over there.. And wearing a hoodie sweater here in the morning reminds me of SF. I miss the bridges and the ocean, I miss the buildings in the city so much and driving pass all of them. I miss trying pho restaurants. I miss driving my ghetto car and hustling. And I miss the ratchetness in people at night clubs. I miss faster cell phone connection and wireless internet on my phone, because there is no wifi at my place and there is very little cell phone reception. My iphone’s signal always appears to be one or two bars. Also, I miss walking my dog very very very very much. I want a picture/ video with him. I miss having a whole night time to type out my feelings on tumblr. But now, I rarely got any chill time to do so. And I seriously miss working out everyday crazily especially going outdoor running and sweating like CRAY.  Here at school, there are a lot of things going on every night. I would get hit on about parties on weekends and events. It’s very tempted to not stay home. During weekdays, I have no time to think about home. I either try to fix my own food or try to concentrate on what homework is due tomorrow while roommates are here. But then, when days like Sunday right now, I don’t know how to start my paper, and two of my roommates are at Hoodie Allen’s concert for the day, I finally get to quiet down myself and blog about my random state of mind and the city that I miss.
 I know this is weird. I know before I moved down to Irvine, I’m always convinced that how great and grand it’ll be to drop everything and leave for something new and fresh. And when I get down here and try to settle, I realize that the nest I had back home is just what I’m much more used to. Not that I don’t enjoy being in Irvine, everything is fine. Opportunities are everywhere. I love it here, but I love SF more. I’m just kind of self-fish. I want these two areas to only be close together so that I can enjoy being in both places at once. You know what i mean?
Like wow. I just wanted to get it all off my chest, what being back in the bay area means to me now that I’m not there. It meant more to me than I ever expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment